Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Caesar Dressing, and you don't have to be Roman to eat it.

Oh boy. The hot weather has officially arrived here in Texas. As I was sitting in traffic yesterday I was trying to be grateful and optimistic for the things I do have...but driving in a car with no AC in 102 degree weather...yeah...that optimism flew out the window real quick. I always crave fruits and vegetables in warm weather, and sugar and carbs in cold weather. I know there is probably a scientific explanation for that besides people just wanting to look better in their swim suits...but I have yet to learn what that is.

My mom does not cook a lot, but the few things she does make she makes well. Our family favorite is her Caesar dressing recipe, she usually only breaks it out for special occasions like the holidays, or when miraculous things happen...like one of her kids finally moving out of the house. : ) In her version she uses the Kraft Parmesan cheese in that green plastic bottle...but for the sake of keeping things "real" I make it with freshly grated Parmesan. Traditionally Caesar dressing is made with anchovies, I tried the darn little fishes in my dressing and was not pleased with the results.

FYI - This recipe calls for a raw egg, we have been eating it for years and still haven't keeled over, so eat at your own risk. : )

Mother Teresa's Caesar Dressing

1 whole egg
4 TBS olive oil
1 tsp Red wine vinegar

1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 TBS Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp diced garlic

4 TBS freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Mix together and serve over lettuce. Store leftovers in fridge for up to 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!