Wednesday, May 19, 2010

THE Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe

Alright people, I am going to be straight up honest with you. I love oats. If it was up to me I would secretly put oats into everything I ate. If Mr. Oats was running for president, I would endorse him. That being said I have the best recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies that has ever existed in the whole wide world! What makes this recipe far superior to all other recipes is the secret ingredient...molasses. The molasses helps keep the cookie uber moist and delicious...plus it adds a hint of that deep molasses flavor.
The Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
adapted from Carole Walter's cookbook, Great Cookies

Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Pour over 1 cup raisins and let sit for a few minutes, then drain and set aside.

Cream together in medium bowl with mixer:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

Once combined slowly add the following until smooth and combined:
1/4 cup molasses
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla

Sift together in medium bowl and then add to the wet ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

Then stir in:
1 cup of raisins that have been plumped
2 cup old fashioned oats

Bake in 325 degree oven 10-12 minutes. Rotate pan after 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!