Thursday, May 6, 2010

Turkey Burgers...you don't have to eat in November!

When I first graduated from college I was a nanny/errand runner/personal assistant/personal chef for this family in Pennsylvania. Besides learning every word to every wiggles song ever made, I also learned how to make these wicked yummy turkey burgers. When I moved on I often made these burgers then froze them into individual burgers for quick week night meals. You can also make these with ground chicken if that is what your little heart desires. I am a bunless person when it comes to these burgers, mostly because I don't want to waste my carbs on a bun when I could be eating a cookie instead. I usually serve them with a nice slice of uber sharp white cheddar cheese and a slice of fresh tomato.


Turkey Burgers

1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1 egg

2 TBS onion flakes (optional...I usually don't put it in)
1 TBS chili powder

3/4 tsp ground cumin

1 garlic clove minced

1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt


Mix all ingredients together and from into patties. Grill or make in saute pan. Cook each side 3-4 minutes...depending upon how big you make the burgers. Make sure you don't push down on the burgers while you are cooking them because all the juices will be released and make your burger dry.

2 comments:

  1. I found a recipe in one of my Rachel Ray cookbooks and typed it out in my recipe blog (which is totally inferior to yours!) But these turkey burgers have a lot of flavor and they're low fat. The hoisin sauce has become one of my favorite condiments and i will throw it into some of my other recipes also :-)

    http://stephiescookin.blogspot.com/2009/07/hawaiian-turkey-burgers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Thanks Stephanie, I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT HERE!!!