Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Super Green Smoothie


Green smoothies? Yuck.

That is my general response to most green smoothies I have tasted.

This however, this I like.

Now that I am a nursing Momma I snack ALL THE TIME!  I'm not kidding folks...ALL THE TIME!


I usually have a smoothie at least once a day and usually in the afternoons around 4 to hold me over until dinner.  My go to smoothie is my banana chocolate almond smoothie, but this one is definitely going to be made a few times a week now.  Plus, its green, so that means it extra okay to eat it right? : )

I found this smoothie recipe on the barre3 website...which is my favorite go to for most of my workouts.  If you are looking for a great exercise program this one is pretty great, not too expensive (they usually have groupon or living social promos every once in a while - my subscription ends up being about $6/month), and no jumping : )  I always feel great when I stick to their workouts on a regular basis, great for toning!

Now that summer is here you need to make this recipe and help cool down on these hot summer days!

Super Green Smoothie
adapted from the Barre3 website, serves 2


1 frozen banana (you can also use non-frozen)
1 pink lady apple, cored and chopped, skin on
1 cup kale, raw, stems removed
1 Tbs. flaxseeds, ground
2 Tbs. sunflower butter (or almond or peanut butter)
1 Tbs. pure maple syrup
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened, or your favorite milk or milk alternative
ice
Blend all ingredients until smooth, add ice and blend until desired texture is achieved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!