Monday, November 29, 2010

Where did I go?

Mom and her Mom

Death is a funny thing. There is so much sadness surrounding it, yet so much joy. My Grandmother, Mama, passed away suddenly last week. She lived a hard life filled with physical and mental illness, but because of her so much love exists. She had a heart as big as the grand canyon, and tried to love everyone she met in her own way. I have her to thank for my creative mind, and love of writing. I was sad to see her go, but happy knowing that she is finally at peace in heaven. The days surrounding Thanksgiving were spent with family, and friends of the family. It was great reconnecting with all the cousins and relatives again. It had been a long time since the whole family had been in the same room together, and I know Mama would have been over joyed to see the family reunited. RIP Mama, have fun bowling with the angels!

Needless to say this has been an exhausting 2 weeks for me. I traveled North for 1 week to visit my sisters, then returned home and somehow filled all 40 of my Thanksgiving pie orders, then got the call about my Grandma, hopped in a car and spent 5 days in Louisiana with the family. I have been ignoring sleep for too long now, and after looking at pictures from the last few days I see it has taken its toll on me. Sleep, how I missed you.

I promise to post my NYC bakery tour details soon! It was so much fun!!! Thanks to all of you who ordered pies, I hope you enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!