German Chocolate Pecan Pie...don't you wish you were spending Thanksgiving with me? : )
I wish you were!
I wish you were!
Well folks, here it is. My 100th post!!! In honor of my 100th post it just so happens my Dad made a cake. Apparently it is the first cake he has ever made in his entire life! It was funny watching him try to work the kitchen appliances that he had never used before. I must say though, it came out far better then I thought it would, so good job Dad. He came home from the grocery store the other night with all the fixings for making a cake, including cake pans...which we already own a million of. : ) He was suddenly inspired to make a cake after remembering this yellow cake with dark chocolate icing that his Uncle and Dad used to bring home to the family from Schrafft's in NYC. I thought I would be able to find a recipe from the NYC legendary eatery somewhere online, but surprisingly I couldn't find any recipes for their cakes. So, my new goal is to come up with a recipe for this famous yellow cake with chewy chocolate icing.
I find it shocking that I had 100 ideas to post, and had something to say about all of them. I guess my brain is bigger then I give it credit for...good job brain, way to be. Here's to hoping I have at least 100 more recipes to share with you all! : ) Thanks for sticking with me and reading my humble posts, I keep posting because you keep reading...and hopefully cooking too! In honor of the big 1-0-0 I am having a contest! 1) Because I love anything involving a good fight, 2) I want to reward my faithful wonderful readers, and 3) Nothing makes me happier then giving good people good food!
So here is how it is going to work:
1) Respond to this post via the comments telling me your favorite kind of cookie and why
2) After 1 week I will put all your names in a hat, take a break and eat a cookie, then pick one lucky winner!
3) I will send you, or someone you love 1 dozen cookies or bars of your choice...and no, I do not make "special" brownies : )
4) If I get zero comments I will take it upon myself to eat the one dozen cookies on your behalf, yeah, I am that noble. : ) Contest ends 11/18/10
check back after the week is over to see if you won...if you did you can email me your mailing information. Good luck, and may the person with the sweetest tooth win!
While we are on the topic of cookies, I thought I would share with you some info about the "cookie."
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary a cookie is:
1) a small flat or slightly raised cake
3) a small file or part of a file stored on a World Wide Web user's computer, created and subsequently read by a Web site server, and containing personal information Just to be clear, I will send the winner one dozen of the first definition, not an attractive woman or a small file...that would just be weird.
2) an attractive woman