Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Mocha cookies,,,Mocha Chewies to be exact.


Hey didn't I just post about Mocha cookies? Maybe there is a theme to this month...being tired and needing coffee in my system...but really isn't every month like that? Fall finally got the memo and landed in Texas, praise the Lord! Fall has always been my favorite season, it just makes me happy to wake up knowing I get to go outside and feel the nice breeze and wear a sweatshirt. Oh the simple things! I am currently sitting at my kitchen table surrounded by 5 wide open windows. Baking with the windows open always makes me feel as if I am living in some random Jane Austen novel, minus the whole breaking for tea time thing. : ) Now all I need is to break out into a nice Disney song...perhaps...but then again the windows are open and I wouldn't want to scare the neighbors. : )

Look people, I am going to be honest. If it were up to me I would make the mocha melty cookies I posted earlier this month...but if you want a chewy cookie and not a crumbly one this recipe is yours. It is all about preference. Paper or Plastic? Chewy or Dry? Oh the choices we face everyday.

In case the general public was wondering what on earth I am up to now and days, allow me to enlighten you. I was hoping to move back up to either Virginia, Philly, or Massachusetts and start selling my cookies at Farmer's Markets...but um yeah, I forgot about the whole "season of winter" thing, and unfortunately most of the markets in that part of the country are about to close and won't reopen until Spring. Of course Texas is always trying to be different and decided to do the opposite, so the Farmer's Market near me is just about to start. So, I am currently in the negotiation stage with a few bakeries trying to find a kitchen to work out of. Darn that whole health certified law...c'est la vive. I think I just need to get one of those big food trucks and drive around the country stopping in different towns along the way...how awesome would that be?

Mocha Chewy Cookies

adapted from the Karen Cooks Blog

Sift together the following into a medium bowl:

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 TBS instant coffee powder

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

Add the following and mix until smooth. Scrape down and mix again.

2 TBS soft unsalted butter
1 egg room temp


Place in Fridge for 10 minutes. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Roll dough into small balls and then roll in powdered sugar. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. I got 10 1oz cookies from this recipe, so you might want to double it if 10 cookies just doesn't cut it for you.

Also, I have been listening to this happy song recently and thought I would share it with you all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2-EaT-avOU&feature=fvw

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!