Sunday, September 19, 2010

Basil Chicken Salad

Basil chicken salad on homemade focaccia bread

So I realize it is now Fall...but apparently Texas didn't get the memo on that and we are forever stuck in summer melting heat weather. Oh bother. Since it is still Summer here our basil plants are still growing nicely. What to do with basil that doesn't involve pesto, pasta, or dips? Make a chicken salad of course! I am not usually a chicken salad kinda girl, but somewhere along the line I decided to like it. I recently ate at this cute little Italian restaurant in Lafayette, Louisiana with my Mom and her dad, my Papa. We were stuck at the doctors for about three hours while my Papa had some eye stuff done...how informed am I? : ) Anyway, we somehow forgot to eat before the appointment and were dying of hunger by the time his appointment was done, so we raced to this little bistro for a great basil chicken salad lunch. Perfect. Here is my rendition of it. It is great on top a bed of lettuce or some nice bread.

Basil Chicken Salad

4 cups cooked cubed chicken
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup finely chopped basil
3 TBS chopped pine nuts...or walnuts, pecans...your choice
3 TBS Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp kosher salt
pinch of cayenne pepper

Mix all together and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!