Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dip Confusion



I almost went computer silent for the last week while I visited some dear old friends. It was so nice to take a break from the computer, I highly recommend it. Plus, it was 10 times as nice to see old friends!!! Now I am back home prepping for my Valentine cookie orders, so many ideas! Although I detest the color pink I somehow am able to tolerate it for one day a year...thank goodness it is usually paired with red and white that help tone it down a bit. Before I go into complete sugar overload drive again I decided to share with you a nice healthy recipe from the yeast detox diet we were on two years ago. This dish is weird. I can't decide if it is a salad or a dip. Honestly it works well as both. If you go the way of the dip you can dip veggies in it to keep it healthy, or dip pitas and chips to make it not so healthy. I usually make my own pico for this, but sometimes when the hours are short and my bed is vanishing from my sight I cheat and buy the premade pico...most grocery stores sell it in the produce section.

We acquired some really tasty recipes from the yeast detox diet, and I really should dig them up and make them again soon. I have been looking up inspirational quotes to keep me motivated in my exercise routine, which is actually really helpful when I wake up look in the mirror and then read a quote that actually makes me go to the gym. Darn little words are so manipulative...sneaky sneaky. Anyways, I came across this one which really has nothing to do with exercising, but I liked it anyways.

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them." ~G.B. Shaw, Mrs. Warren's Profession, 1893

Right on Mr. Shaw, right on.

Dip Salad Confusion

1 - 15oz can garbanzo or black beans drained
2 cloves minced garlic

1/4 c lemon juice
1 - 4oz can black olives
1 1/2 cups pico
1/4 cup olive oil


Mix together and eat or chill until ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!