Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Paleo Breaded Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce

Are you a Chick-fil-a fan?  Who isn't?  Pre-gallbladder attacks I used to eat there every 2 weeks.  Only fast food restaurant you will ever see me in!  Sadly, that doesn't happen anymore.  My 3 year old often asks to go to Chick-fil-a for lunch and I always tell him we can't because it hurts Momma's tummy.  Boo.  I do send him there with his dad occasionally though!  I searched around and tried out a few Paleo recipes for chicken nuggets and this is the one I liked the most!  You can use chicken tenderloins or chicken thighs.  As always, I am a fan of dark meat and always choose thighs.  I dropped the pan some how when I was pulling it out of the oven and half of the chicken ended up on the ground...it happens!  So, the pictures are not great since I was rushed and mad at myself for dropping dinner!  This honey mustard sauce is quick and easy!  Super delicious on chicken, a salad, or on roasted veggies. 


Paleo Breaded Chicken with Honey Mustard sauce

2 Pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or tenderloins
1 cup almond flour
1 TBS Flax meal
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 eggs
coconut or olive oil in a sprayer

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a bowl mix together the almond flour, flax, and seasonings.

In another small bowls beat the eggs with a fork.

Using a paper towel blot the chicken to remove any moisture from them.  Then dip the chicken piece by piece into the eggs first then press into the breading mixture.  Make sure the chicken is completely coated.  Place onto baking sheet and spray all the breaded chicken with the coconut or olive oil sprayer.  Bake for 8-9 minutes.  Then flip the chicken over and spray again.  Bake another 8-9 minutes until internal temperature is 180 degrees.

Serve with honey mustard sauce.

Honey Mustard Sauce

1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup honey
1 TBSP white vinegar

Mix all ingredients together until smooth.  Refrigerate until ready to use.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!