Thursday, January 31, 2019

Paleo Double Apple Muffins


During the Christmas season they sang the song "I Sing a Maid" at Church one Sunday and I was struck by one line:

"...For God's own son became her child, And she his resting place."

Even though her Son was the Savior of the world, she was still a resting place for her dear son.  What an awesome gift and responsibility it is to be a mother and to strive to be that resting place for our children.  Many days, like today, I fall short of this.  Too many tantrums and whining from them, and from me, makes me feel like the opposite of a resting place for my boys.  It is a constant struggle to strive for that peace in our day and to truly be a resting place to my boys and to anyone I encounter that day.  So as we all carry on in this journey of life let us all strive to be a resting place for anyone we meet.



A few months ago I guest posted my favorite recipe for Paleo pumpkin muffins over on my friend Stephanie's blog.  The pumpkin muffins have been part of my weekly baking for months now!  I was getting kind of sick of them so I decided to play around with some apple muffin options.  These turned out way better then I was hoping!  Like most Paleo baked goods I store them in the fridge so they can last up to a week.  Let me know if you try this recipe out!  I love to hear feedback!





















Paleo Double Apple Muffins

1 1/4 cups almond flour
2 1/2 TBS coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 TBS cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
5 TBS melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1 1/4 cup apple chunks, about the size of a marble*

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.

In a medium sized bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.  In another bowl mix together the eggs, oil, syrup, vanilla and applesauce.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry one and mix until well combined.  Add in the apple chunks and stir to combine.  Scoop into 12 muffin liners.  Bake 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. 

*Use whatever kind of apple you like!  I use Fuji and Kanzi apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!