Friday, March 20, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Glob Cookies


Dang.

This is a rich cookie.

Not in the "drives a fancy car and wears jimmy choos" kind of way, but in the "omg the depth of flavor in this thing is off the charts" kind of way.  Rich y'all, super rich and delicious!

If you gave up sugar and sweets for Lent - forgive me, or actually - thank me, because I am helping make your sacrifice that much harder. : )  You are welcome...hum...pretty sure I have written this in a post before..deja vu moment.

I find myself uninspired to write anything witty these days.  Maybe it is because my job is insanely slow right now and I find myself starring into the deep abyss of the internet most of my day.  Or maybe it is because I haven't been on a travelling adventure in a while.  Or maybe it is because the weather here in Houston has been gloom and doom the last few weeks.  Seriously yo - I keep looking for Noah's ark to appear on the horizon soon...sooooo much rain!!!!  Hopefully when the sun decides to show up again I will become inspired to post something more than a recipe...

I'm really pulling at straws here...this is my attempt to find some creative juices again...oy...I need help!

A Museless Me
by moi

O Muse,
Where are you hidden,
My imagination seems to be bedridden,

O muse,
why can't I see your face,
I must be looking in the wrong place.

O muse,
why don't you give me the words to say,
Instead I ramble on all day.

O muse,
please come back to my mind,
I promise to treat you kind.

O muse,
save me from this empty gap of time,
give me back my wit and rhyme.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Glob Cookies
From the lovely Ina Garten

6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 extra-large eggs
1 tablespoon instant coffee
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup whole walnut halves (not chopped)
1 cup whole pecan halves (not chopped)
2/3 cup peanut butter chips, such as Reese's

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a few sheet pans with parchment paper.

In a bowl set over simmering water, melt the butter, 6 ounces of the chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate, stirring occasionally, until just melted. Remove from the heat and cool for 15 minutes.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, espresso powder, and vanilla until combined. Add the sugar, raise the speed to medium-high, and beat for 2 minutes, until the batter is thick and falls back on itself in a ribbon. Set aside.

With the mixer on low, slowly add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Combine the 1/3 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and fold it into the chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula. In another bowl, combine the walnuts, pecans, peanut butter chips, the remaining 6 ounces of chocolate chips, and the tablespoon of flour and fold it into the chocolate mixture. With 2 soup spoons, drop rounded mounds of batter 1 inch apart onto the prepared sheet pans. Bake for 15 minutes exactly. Cool on the baking sheets.

Bake these for someone who looks like they need a hug.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT,

Dagny








No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!