Now that I am a married woman with a house to keep up with, a husband to feed and my own kitchen - I find myself always wanting to cook and bake! Someone stop me!!! Some people might go to sleep and dream of tropical vacations or being rescued by a prince, but I dream about food...new cookie recipes, what kind of stew should I make next, etc...it really is quite absurd.
We had the princess over for dinner this weekend and she requested "Spaghetti and Meatballs"! Her wish is my command! This was a super fast and simple meatball recipe without a huge laundry list of ingredients. So delicious, seconds were had by all!
Before the movie we went and watched the musical movie "Into the Woods." It was super fun and the songs were catchy! It was so nice watching a fun movie for a change...seems like so many movies are sad and gloomy these days! This is our favorite song from the movie:
Adapted from Betty Crocker
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- cup Italian-style bread crumbs, or plain bread crumbs and add some Italian Seasoning
- cup milk, we used almond milk and it worked just fine
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- teaspoon pepper
- small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl until well combined. Form into about 20-25 meatballs using small cookie scoop or just grabbing chunks and rolling into balls. Over medium/high heat in large frying pan with high edges- melt a tbs of coconut oil or olive oil. Add the meatball into pan and brown a few minutes on each side rotating once browned. Cook until no longer pink. Meatballs are fragile so avoid turning them too much. I used tongs to do this. Once cooked add your favorite red sauce to the meatballs and cook until sauce is hot, about 3-5 minutes. Serve over pasta of your choice!