Monday, January 19, 2015

Dairy Free/Refined Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups


Did you make a resolution to get healthy in the New Year?  If you did, this recipe is your friend!  I was super lazy this year and didn't make any resolutions.  Oops.  I am a bad human.  My diet has been off the rocker since Christmas - instead of baking once a week it has turned into once a day!  Oh Lord....what have I become!  My work schedule is pretty light these days, so I find myself being drawn into the kitchen more often.  I swear my mixer is calling my name...pretty creepy if you ask me...wait...did you ask me or was that my mixer talking to me again? : )


We made some new friends a few months before our wedding and they were kind enough to share their recipe for these with me...then I moved and lost the recipe...so I typed the ingredients that I remembered into Google and it found a similar recipe for me!  Whatever did we do before Google existed?  Remember encyclopedias or Encarta?  Man, do I feel ancient!



Are you going to the March for Life?  January 22nd marks the 42nd year since the Roe v.Wade decision to legalize abortion.  42 years of babies being murdered.  Sick.

“A Nation that kills its own children is a nation without hope.” 
- Pope John Paul II

Hopefully my generation will live to see the end of abortion!  We are taking a group out to the Austin March for Life this Saturday to stand up for LIFE!  If you have never been to a March for Life I highly encourage you to find one in your State or make the trip to D.C. for the big March for Life.



Now onto the recipe!  Even my husband likes these...and he does not usually like "healthy" "alternative" desserts.  Win win all around!  If you do try it out leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Dairy Free/Refined Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
1/2 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter (I like it w/PB better)
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 
Kosher salt

Mix all ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat, whisk until melted and combined.  Portion out evenly with a spoon or small scoop into a 12 cup muffin pan lined with liners.  Sprinkle the top of each cup with a little bit of kosher sea salt.  Place in fridge until set, about an hour.  Remove from pan and store in fridge until ready to eat.








No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!