Monday, December 27, 2010

Grilled Vegetables with balsamic glaze


Say it with me, "Detox", "I must detox". What a refreshing word. So I am currently experiencing seasonal limbo. It is that weird period of time between Christmas and New Years where no one actually gets any work done, nothing is accomplished, everyone is just waiting around for New Years to happen. Also during this time everyone is in this strange food coma like stage. Should we exercise? Should we start that diet we have been talking about? Nah, just wait until New Years and it can fit right in with the resolutions. Speaking of resolutions, I have decided to not make any resolutions. I am pretty much perfect and have no need for reform or redirection of my life goals. Um yeah, not even close. Resolutions, where do I begin? Pray more, exercise more, socialize more...bake less, eat less, sleep more, and most importantly work more...as in get a job more. At the end of the day all that matters is that I fit into my jeans, and currently I do, so all is well.

Another one of my resolutions is to spend more time with the niece. We all just went and saw Tangled, which is a super cute and very tolerable cartoon...which just so happens to feature the vocal talents of my one and only, Zachary Levi...aka Chuck. Growing up I always had long blond hair, and would often imagine my life if I was Rapunzel. Of course my hair never grew past my bum, so if someone wanted me to let down my fair hair to climb they wouldn't get too far.

Two words that go together are detox and vegetables. Aren't they music to your ears? Only if you are a yoga loving, zen driven vegetarian who wears Birkenstocks. I do realize that many of my readers are in fact Birkenstock wearers, and yes, that comment was directed to you. Here enters the recipe. I was first inspired to make this when I had the delicious grilled vegetable salad from California Pizza Kitchen. Of course they served it with grilled chicken and feta, which was awesome. So do that if you want to make a meal of it. Grill up some chicken and toss it with these veggies. Great healthy meal.

Grilled Vegetables with Balsamic glaze

3 TBS olive oil
1 TBS Dijon mustard

1 TBS Balsamic vinegar

Salt and Pepper to taste

Grilled vegetables (I used mushrooms, zuchinni, yellow squash, and asparagus...red peppers, eggplant, onions, and shallots also work well.)

Whisk glaze together and pour over warm grilled vegetables. Enjoy hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!