Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spinach Artichoke dip...perfect super bowl winner!


My family does not observe the day of super bowl Sunday, call us "Un-American"...but really, it is just because we don't watch sports...we play them. The one exception being the Olympics...of course...because that isn't just a sport...it is magic. Although we don't make a big hoopla about the Super Bowl, we do join in on some of the eating rituals that come with the holiday. I think I will make this dip and eat it during the half time show and then go to bed. Speaking of bed, on a completely non related tangent...after working a long shift at the bakery I quickly jumped into bed and as my head was hitting the pillow I realized that this is the single most unappreciated moment in life...I mean come on, people make a big deal out of sunsets, and rainbows, but nobody pays homage to that perfect moment of bliss when your head meets your pillow at the end of a long day. I mean come on people, someone needs to write a song about that exact moment that brings so many people joy. I'm just saying.

Anyways, back to the dip, the dip that don't belong to no chip. This dip is best paired with some awesome bread - crusty, or chewy...whichever you prefer. Or, a pita, or some crudites, or just eaten with a spoon straight from the bowl. I can't remember where I found this recipe, but I have made some minor adjustments. Basically what it all comes down to is if you want to be that "person" who made "that dip" that you just can't stop thinking about...and yes my friend...you want to be that person. I wish I had a photo of it, but it never lasts long enough to take a picture.

Spinach Artichoke dip

In medium saucepan combine the following and stir over medium heat until well combined and hot:
1 cup cooked and drained frozen spinach (just boil it in some h2o, or zap it in the microwave)
1 1/2 cups canned artichoke (chopped and drained)

6 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Stir, stir, stir...and then eat. Best if served warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!