Monday, July 20, 2020

Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet



I'm trying to loose the extra baby weight so naturally I've been baking more then I should.  Baking is my happy place and during this time of social distancing I seem to be needing to go to my happy place more then usual...mostly because what the heck else am I going to do?  My 2 year old son loves to cook with me.  If I am in the kitchen making something it usually takes about 5 seconds before you can hear him dragging his kitchen helper stool out of the pantry to come help his Momma.  He helped me make this recipe - his favorite part to measure was the chocolate chips of course.

We bought a delicious chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake after lunch on Sunday and after dinner I wanted more - so we made this instead.  A little less bad for you, but still so tasty!  I took one bite and then realized it was so good I was going to have to share the recipe...so that explains the big bite missing in all my pictures.


Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet

4 TBS unsalted butter (can use coconut oil if you want it to be dairy free)
1/4 cup + 2 TBS coconut sugar or brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat butter in an 8" skillet over medium heat.  Cook until the butter is browned but not burnt.  Remove from heat and stir in sugar, salt and vanilla - stir until smooth.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes.  Whisk in the egg until smooth.  Add flours and baking soda - stir until smooth.  Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.  Smooth out dough.  Bake 10-12 minutes until set around edges but still gooey in the middle.  Cool slightly before eating.  Serves 1 or many - your call 😉  Can also be doubled and made in a larger skillet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!