Friday, October 5, 2018

Paleo Chicken Burgers


You guys all know that one friend who always has drama in their life? Yeah, that one friend is me.  Haha.  If it isn't one thing its another thing...they just keep coming at me like snowballs and all I can do is stand there and take it.

"Dear Lord, make me a bird so I can fly far far away."

So much drama.  Health issues.  Family issues.  Bring it. 

I just completed a 21 day yeast detox.  It was hell.  I was hangry all the time.  My poor husband.  He said it almost felt like I was pregnant again I was so crabby!  Anyway, the hard part of the diet is done and now I have 2 weeks of only excluding my food sensitivities - which is a lot, but still not as bad as the yeast detox which allowed no grains, fruit, sweeteners, vinegar's, gluten, corn, sweet potatoes, peanuts, soy, and basically everything!  Oh how I missed my smoothies and my paleo pancakes!

These burgers are really delicious and pretty simple to throw together.  Also great for meal prep if you want to make a bunch ahead of time and eat them throughout the week.  My husband and toddler both like them.  I usually make them every other week in our meal rotation.  Taste great with ketchup or mayo.  We eat them without buns because that is how we roll.  I'm sure they would be great on a tasty hamburger bun though!

Chicken Burgers
Adapted from MarthaStewart.com
makes 4 burgers

2 TBS olive oil
1 small onion chopped
1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper chopped
1 stalk celery chopped fine
1 pound ground chicken, dark meat is best *
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

In large frying pan heat oil over medium high heat.  Add chopped onion, peppers and celery.  Saute for 8-10 minutes.  Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.  Then mix the veggies together with the meat and the salt and pepper.  I use my hands to mix it together thoroughly. 

Wipe down original pan and then re oil with some more olive oil (enough to coat bottom of pan).  Heat over medium high heat.  Form 4 patties and place in oiled pan.  Cook 6-8 minutes per side.

*It is hard to find dark meat ground chicken at most of our grocery stores.  The only place I have found it is at Sprouts.  You can also use white meat, which is also good, but not as tasty. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!