Saturday, July 19, 2014

A wedding and a peanut butter chocolate cookie



This past month my baby sister got married to a crazy red head.

It was a week of festivities with family, extended family, friends who are like family, friends, and enemies.

It was epic.

It was also exhausting...and I can't believe we are going to do it all again in 4 months for me!

Everything was beautiful and my sister did a great job being organized and on top of things.

As she walked down the aisle on my Dad's arm it seemed as if the entire church breathed a huge sigh of relief...almost as if saying "phew - we made it to this moment."  Emotions were high, and the tears were flowing.  I am pretty sure sleep deprivation helped with that one.  As my baby sister whispered her vows in front of us all and in front of God I couldn't help but think of all the memories we have shared, and all of a sudden she was that little girl again running around making goofy faces.  I know technically my parents were giving her away, but honestly I feel as if we all contributed somehow to the person she is today - and in a way - we were all collectively pushing her out the door and onto her new chapter in life.

Also - I made another cookie buffet for this wedding!  Did one for my other sister's wedding 4 years ago. This one was much better looking since I have improved my planning and baking skills!  I made all of the dough ahead of time, and then we hired an awesome lady to bake all of the dough for us.  She did a fantastic job - and the cookies were delicious!  This cookie was one of the favorites of the night and was the first empty jar!



Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature

1 cup light brown sugar, packed

1 cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

2 eggs at room temperature

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 cup peanut butter chips

1 cup semi or dark chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle

attachment. Add the vanilla, then the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix well. Add the cocoa and mix again. Sift together

the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the chocolate with the mixer on low speed until just combined. Fold in

the peanut butter chips and the chocolate chips.

Drop the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, tablespoon sized cookies. Bake for 12-15

minutes (the cookies will seem underdone). Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then transfer 

to a wire rack to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!