I made a cooking video. It is a lot harder then it looks. First of all- I did about a million takes before I was some what happy with it. Second of all, after it was all said and done I realized I rambled on forever about random things. My brain kept thinking faster than my tongue and so I just skipped some strangely placed words.
I have high hopes for my future videos. I promise to try and talk less and cook more.
I also messed up on the amount of each ingredient. So follow the written recipe for quantities, and not the video.
adapted from Smitten Kitchen
1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
1 tablespoon boiling water
2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Grind the coffee in a coffee grinder until super fine and it begins to clump together.
2. Dissolve the coffee powder in the boiling water, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Cream the butter and sugar. Scrape the bowl and mix again until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the vanilla, coffee/water and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl and mix again.
5. Add the flour and salt. Mix,scrape,mix.
6. Grind the chocolate chips in a food processor until turned into a powder. Add to the dough and mix until combined.
7. Divide dough into 2 equal parts and roll into logs on parchment paper (see video for visual directions)
8. Chill in freezer 1 hour. Remove from freezer brush each log with egg white and roll in raw sugar or regular sugar.
9. slice and place on parchment lined pan.
10. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden.
11. Cool and eat! Should keep for about 1 week if kept in sealed container. These cookies ship very well.
*you can also keep this dough wrapped in plastic wrap in the freezer for a few months, and just pull from the freezer whenever you need to bake off some cookies.
Let me know what you think of my video and Eat your heart out!