Apologies all around. I have been neglecting my blogging duties for some time now, and beg for your forgiveness. : ) Life has been one merry go round after another, and somehow I just can't seem to catch up. I also haven't been in the kitchen all that much. Not for lack of eating, but of cooking. What do I eat when I don't cook you may ask...well, here it is folks...my favorite snacks 2012 edition
1. Samis Bakery Cinnamon and Sugar Millet and Flax Pita Chips...awesome, high fiber, gluten free, and scrumptious! We buy them at our local health food store, but then sometimes we buy them direct from the supplier. We are big fans of them!
2. Food Should taste Good Sweet Potato Tortilla chips. Yum. I don't even eat them with salsa, just plain and they are wonderful! I love this whole line of chips, all very delicious, pricey, but worth it.
3. A simple Macintosh Apple. My Dad has always been a fan of the Macintosh, mostly because he is an old school East Coast kid. I used to hate these apples, thought they were too tart and mushy. I recently came to the light and now we fight over the Macintosh apples in our house. They are the perfect size for a snack and easy to take with you on the go.
4. The tired and true Lara Bar. Now, I occasionally make these from scratch, see my recipes for directions, but in my present state of insanity I buy them.
5. Yogurt Covered Pretzels. I also used to despise these. I thought that if you left yogurt at room temperature it would spoil, so the thought of these was gross. Now, I love them. They are usually my "grocery shopping while hungry snack."
6. Red pepper slices and Hummus. This is the only way I can bring myself to eat vegetables as a snack...otherwise it just feels wrong.
7. Ginger People Ginger Chews. This isn't really a snack, it is more like a mid afternoon treat to help clear my mind and refocus on the task at hand.
7 is the perfect number, so I will end my list there. I promise to be back soon with some yummy recipes...scouts honor.
"Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself."
- Saint Francis De Sales