Saturday, March 13, 2010

Neiman Marcus Cookies


I can't remember where I found this recipe, but I know it is posted on the Neiman Marcus website. The texture on these came out super great. They call for espresso or coffee powder, which I used and I liked the taste....but I was more impressed with the texture, so next time I plan on leaving the caffeine flavor out. I really need to find a place that sells quality chocolate chunks, because these would be awesome with chunks instead of chips. On a side note, of no importance...I am watching the weirdest version of Snow White right now, with that chick from Smallville. I think I need to read the "real" Brother's Grimm stories because I have heard they are wicked insane, creepy, and not all that rainbowish and butterflyish.

Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300ºF. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.

In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!