Saturday, June 13, 2009

A new kind of Chicken that is darn good and finger licking!

Yes...I know what you are all thinking..."Does this girl have a food group besides chocolate?" I promise I do. We are always looking for a quick way to fix chicken during the busy chaos of the week. Surprisingly we...or should I say, my mom, found this recipe in the yeast free binder our Dr. gave us. We were all shocked and surprised when my mom was able to cook something all by herself ...and here's the kicker...it was good...second helping good. She loved all the compliments and praise we gave her she has now made it over three times in the last 2 weeks! This recipe is simple and good. It is best to marinate it 2-4 hours before cooking...or even over night, but if you don't marinate it - it still tastes good. The way you cook it is also up for interpretation. Thus, I now present to you...my mother's weekday chicken recipe!

1 1b. boneless chicken (we like thighs, but it also worked well with breasts)
6 Tablespoons sesame or coconut oil
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
2 lemons juiced
1 medium onion chopped small
1 Tablespoon ground cumin

Mix all ingredients together and marinate as long as you like. We cooked it in a skillet on the stove top. You can also grill it. You can serve it over rice. If you want to up the healthy factor you can add some fresh spinach after the chicken is cooked and wilt, then serve over rice. This is different, but it is good. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!