Friday, January 23, 2009

Chocolate...the dinner of addicts.


So in honor of surviving my first week back at both school and work I decided to celebrate by indulging myself with chocolate. I am all about "new recipes" for the "new year", so I tried something different...yes, I ordered my martini shaken, not stirred...but more importantly I made cookies. I find myself tired at the end of the day...I mean come on, who really wakes up at 5:30am...so yeah, when 8pm rolls along and all I want is chocolate - it better be fast. I said a little prayer opened up a new cookbook, and low and behold I put my finger on a "seven minute chocolate cookie" recipe! I mean come on, a cookie in 7 minutes, could this be true...well no, it wasn't it took more like 10 minutes...liars. I would sue them, except the cookie turned out pretty darn good. The batter was awesome, and after eating half of it I decided I should probably make a cookie so my family could taste the fruits of my labor. They don't look pretty, but come on...6 ingredients, 10 minutes...boom baby...instant heaven. They tasted like little brownie bites...


Little chocolate raindrops pitter pattering on my soul.

Just one bite and you will eat the whole bowl!


Seven Minute Chocolate cookies:

from the Great cooks rise cookbook from Bluffton, SC Church of the Cross.


1/4 cup butter

2 cups chocolate chips

1 (14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup flour

1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine butter, ch. chips, and milk in saucepan. Stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Drop by tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 7 minutes. Let cool on pan slightly before removing and eating.


FYI...awesome with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!