Saturday, August 7, 2010

Chocolate chunk cookies...not for the faint of heart



Something must be wrong with me...I make cookies all day at work,and then come home and make more cookies. What have I become? I finally realized that I am a bit obsessed with cookies and really need to chillax for a while. So, I have limited myself to only making cookies at home on the weekends. Let's see how long that lasts. : ) I taped this scripture to my mirror to remind me to stay on track : )...

"Discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." - Hebrews 12:11

I am thinking the peaceful fruit in my case will be me being able to button my jeans again...hopefully. : ) In other news, I was grocery shopping with my 18 year old sister today and some lady thought she was my daughter...excuse me while I go eat a carton of ice cream. Don't judge, I said I was going to go easy on the cookies not the ice cream. Anyways, onto the recipe. I made these cookies tonight, and dang were they good. I love Ina Garten. Her recipes are simple, to the point, and always turn out great. When I grow up I want to have a cute house like hers, with the beautiful garden, and an adorable little Jewish husband too! Until then, I will just have to keep making these cookies to make up for all those other things I don't have.

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

adapted from Ina Garten

In medium bowl cream until fluffy:
* 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
* 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
* 1 cup granulated sugar

Add the following and mix 2-3 minutes:
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 2 eggs at room temperature

Sift together the following and then add to above:
* 2/3 cup good unsweetened cocoa
* 2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks or chips


Mix until combined. Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes. I baked 1/2 plain as is, then toasted some pecans and sprinkled them on top of the remaining cookies...it was yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!