Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Pancakes



Has it really been almost a year since I shared a recipe?  I spent most of 2019 being pregnant and wasn't coming up with new recipes as much as I usually do.  I'm back at it now that my baby is in my arms and not my belly!  If you have been following my blog you know by now that I have an unhealthy obsession with real maple syrup...really, it is out of control.  If I can find something to be a vehicle for maple syrup you better believe I'm going to make it!  I started following a food blog called "The Natural Nurturer" this past year, I have loved most of the recipes I have tried from her.  She tries to cram veggies into as many things as she possibly can.  She has a really great apple and carrot pancake recipe that we love and I decided to try and find a good recipe for zucchini pancakes as well.  This is a recipe I have played around with a few times and I think I finally got it right!  Let me know if you try it out.

The base is ground oats and almond flour which results in a wonderfully textured pancake.  There is a hefty amount of shredded zucchini in them as well!  My 2 boys love them...and I'm a huge fan as well!!  I have made these as waffles as well and they are equally as delicious!


Also mad props to food stylists.  Haha placing a zucchini next to the pancakes was the best I could do.  #momlife

Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Pancakes
Adapted from the Roasted Root

1 cup almond flour
1 cup ground oats or oat flour (just grind oats in a blender or food processor)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 TBS ground chia or ground flax seeds
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 scoops collagen peptides (optional)
2 eggs
1 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond, but you can use milk of choice)
2 tsp vanilla
2 TBS maple syrup
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (place in towel and squeeze out extra moisture after shredding)

Whisk together almond flour, oats, cinnamon, seeds, baking powder, salt and collagen.  Add in remaining ingredients except zucchini and stir to combine.  Add in zucchini and stir until well combined.  Cook on well oiled pancake griddle or frying pan.  Can also be made as waffles.  Serve with maple syrup and lots of grass fed butter.  Store leftovers in refrigerator - reheat in toaster oven.






No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT HERE!!!